Friendly Forest

A Dragocave Fansite

Ad reporting

Dragongirl
    Admin

Ad reporting

Post by Dragongirl on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi, all! Yes at this time there seem to be ad issues now and then. Hopefully, they host will deal with the nasty ones soon. If this site either get more members or actually become a sister site to another site. I will consider paying to remove the ads from registered users.

Just post here is you see anything questionable for ads in the meantime.

Dragongirl
    Admin

Re: Ad reporting

Post by Dragongirl on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Update:

They have fixed the desktop site. However now the mobile site has a boatload of what I would call phishing ads and I'm getting no response about getting them to get rid of them.

New info 11/13/16 Sun:
    Got some more info it looks like right now it seems, I may be forced into a last resort option. It's taking longer then it should, I think. Once I did a report on a questionable ad on Proboards and it was gone within the week (the next day I think)  and I've never seen it since.

For the forum and everyone safety, I may buy the credits to remove the ads for a year. As I do not, want you to accidently bump into the phishing ads while clearing a notification on smartphones.  Though I'm hoping this will truly be dealt with soon though without this needing to be done.

Edit:
    11-14-16

For the forum and everyone own safety, I bought the credits as the mobile phishing ads are still around. This no ad thing should last a year. At that point, I will see if there is a reason besides mobile phishing ads to renew. However, members if you are logged out and guest to the site you will still see ads. Feel free to post if you still see something odd or off with the ads.

Edit:

12/2/16

Using a testing site I had used well setting this up I can sadly confirm the ads are still around. I have pretty much given up and am only reporting it to support for their records now and for others to see what going on.

Edit:
    1/1/17
    I'm not sure what to think. Mobile phishing ad are still around on test site. Though at the moment this host is the only known fourm that does not have spam looking links if you copied a link from the site and pasted it in to a text document it does not come out look like spam and does not have silly image limtes per post.

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm